Anathoth Community Garden & Farm is hiring an Executive Director. Please spread the word within your networks. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until September 1, with ideal start date October 1 (some flexibility possible). Please share this job posting within your networks. Read below or click here for full position description.
About Anathoth: Anathoth Community Garden & Farm is a 501(c)(3) non-profit ministry whose mission is healing divisions between neighbors and the land by growing food together in Cedar Grove, NC. We do this by running a sliding-scale CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program, providing education and employment to young adult and youth interns, and fostering community through a variety of workdays and events. We believe in doing this work to promote our values of: the sacredness of all creation, health, reconciliation, nonviolence and restorative justice, reciprocity, and sharing our faith.
Position Summary: Under the direction and guidance of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will direct, plan, organize, staff, motivate, and manage a community garden and farm ministry which carries out our mission. Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits.
Duties of this position include:
• Strategic planning and board communication – Work with the Board of Directors to plan and implement the programs to best fit the mission using resources available, attend board meetings, report to the board.
• Financial reporting and oversight – Prepare financial reports, maintain the operating budget of the organization, follow all applicable laws and regulations.
• Development – Work with the Board of Directors to raise the annual budget of the organization, cultivate relationships with donors, write and manage grants.
• HarvestShare (CSA) Coordination and Communication – Manage and recruit for HarvestShare, operate farm/market garden production (plan for, plant, tend, and harvest produce along with staff), communicate with HarvestShare members.
• Staff and Intern Supervision – Supervise all personnel, including young adult and youth interns, seasonal staff, and other permanent staff.
• Public and community relations – Plan and attend regular community events, issue communications, and build healthy community relationships.
Requirements of the job include:
• A four-year university degree (master’s or study in a field related to agriculture/theology a plus)
• Hands-on experience running a farm or market garden
• 2 or more years of experience in a non-profit setting, Executive Director experience preferred
• Strong communication in both writing and public speaking (Spanish proficiency a plus)
• Experience building trusting relationships with a diversity of individuals and organizations
• Fluency in use of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, social media platforms, website maintenance, and other applications as needed
• Fundraising and grant-writing experience
Salary commensurate with experience and other skills. Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits. Anathoth Community Garden & Farm is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an equitable work environment. People of color, women, LGBTQ+ candidates, and other candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Ideally, candidate would be available starting October 1, 2019.
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through September 1, 2019.