Social Media and Communications Contractor
Contract: average 4 hrs per week | $200 a month.
The People’s Seed is committed to raising awareness and addressing the shortfalls of the seed and plant breeding system in the Southeast. The board of The People’s Seed is seeking social media and communications support to help share the message of ‘Breeder to Belly’. This contracted position will operate under the guidance of the board, but will be responsible for generating and sharing high quality content. We are seeking someone who is passionate about seeds and agriculture, has social media and content creation experience and can work with a high degree of autonomy. If this position sounds like something you’d be passionate about and you have the time and skills, then please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aim to increase social media engagement, improve brand association and educate around our core mission.
FACEBOOK [EXPECTED 2 HRS PER WEEK] - https://www.facebook.com/ThePeoplesSeed/
● Schedule five engaging posts each week.
● Topic areas to be advised by the board but will include current events, breeder spotlights, new variety highlights, upcoming events.
● Share relevant content from related and connected pages.
● Respond to comments and messages in a timely fashion.
INSTAGRAM [EXPECTED 1 HR PER WEEK] -
● Post three engaging photos each week focused on breeder spotlights and new variety highlights.
● Post event highlights when appropriate (from TPS photo collection).
● Actively engage with partner accounts (likes and comments).
BREEDER PROFILES [EXPECTED 5 HRS PER MONTH] - https://thepeoplesseed.org/ Write one seed and plant breeder profile each month. The board will share a list of breeder contacts. The aim is to generate high quality original content that profiles the work of a seed and plant breeder in the Southeast.
● Contact breeder via phone or email.
● Request and vet photographs.
● Write 500-800 words about the seed breeder and their work.
● Profiles to be edited by the board and posted to the TPS Website.