The University of Arkansas Center for Farm and Food System Entrepreneurship is seeking a Communications/Marketing Coordinator (.5FTE) to join our team to support a newly established experiential learning, farm training school. The UA-CFFSE was developed to support and enhance local and regional food systems in Arkansas by shaping the next generation of farmers. The UA-CFFSE uses sustainable, regenerative production methods for fruits and vegetables as well as greenhouse production on two scales of production.
The Communications/Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for recruiting program participants, promoting the program through traditional and social media outlets, and maintaining the center website. Applicants should be a team player with strong communication skills and recognize the value and hard work necessary in developing local and regional food systems.
Position is time-limited, ending December 31, 2023, with the potential for continuation. Other team members include UA faculty and staff and as well as 3 primary regional partners.
Summary of Job Duties
Half-time position working with the Director of the University of Arkansas Center for Farm and Food System Entrepreneurship (UA-CFFSE) with duties including, but not limited to:
• recruit farmers and potential program participants at public sustainable agriculture events such as conferences and workshops
• assist in event planning
• maintain the center website
• develop and maintain center social media accounts
• develop promotional materials for the program
• work with UA communications to develop press releases, brochures, and traditional communication tools to promote the program