Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS) seeks Communications Specialist (part-time; 20 hours/week)
Essential Job Duties: Working closely with CEFS’ Communication Manager, the Communications Specialist will provide communication support, expertise, and specialized skills in the implementation of a strategic marketing and communications plan to solidify and strengthen CEFS’ brand. This strategy will broaden awareness of CEFS program and initiatives, increase the visibility of programs across key stakeholder audiences, successfully communicate our story and increase engagement among varied audiences.
Responsibilities for this position will focus on building a strong social media presence for CEFS, supporting CEFS’ various programs and initiatives with graphic design expertise, promoting and advertising workshops and events, and providing media outreach support. This position involves regular travel to varies CEFS events. For the right candidate, this position has the potential to grow over time to include additional hours and responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include:
Social Media Management
- Develop and execute a Social Media strategy based on CEFS’ communications plan for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and possibly additional platforms that leverages and complements existing social media activities of CEFS’ various programs and initiatives.
- Manage CEFS’ various social media accounts
- Work with Communications Manager to develop compelling, innovative content for social media, including video
- Support CEFS’ various programs and initiatives by creating graphics, logos, and info-graphics as required.
- Design printed and online materials including brochures, handouts, fliers, announcements, reports, and others as required.
Event Advertising and Promotion
- Advertise CEFS workshops and events by sending and posting to listservs, social media, and other outlets as required.
- Attend various and frequent CEFS events, reporting back via Social Media and to the Communications Manager with photos and feedback from participants.
Media Outreach Support
- Research, build and maintain media contact database
- Compile and organize press clip archives in electronic and hard copy format
CEFS Support and Connection
- Participate in monthly CEFS Local Food and Administrative Working Group meetings, (possibly more as required), as well as twice-yearly all-CEFS meetings.
- Support the mission of CEFS broadly throughout work.