The Edible Peace Patch Project (EPPP) engages community volunteers in meaningful innovative garden projects that combine education and practice. EPPP is seeking an experienced and dedicated Educational Garden and Farm Director to share fully in our mission to cultivate healthy minds and bodies.
The Roles and Responsibilities of the Educational Garden and Farm Director will include:
- Site Development of educational gardens and urban farm, including planning, installation, and management
- Supervising the Garden Manager
- Providing demonstrations of educational uses of gardens
- Public speaking promoting the Edible Peace Patch Project
- Arranging for volunteers who work on garden construction and maintenance
- Coordinating with the Education Director on the development and delivery of curriculum, and training of volunteer educators
- Overseeing the planning and installation for the EPPP’s soon-to -be educational Urban Farm
- Overseeing maintenance and upkeep of Edible Peace Patch Truck
- Documenting and communicating garden and farm progress
- Taking responsibility for the electronic record keeping of all the educational gardens and the farm - including cost of installation, supplies purchased, vendors utilized, etc.
- Assisting in fundraising, program development
The qualified candidates will exhibit the following:
- At least three years of farming and gardening experience, with some urban farming preferred, including some experience in a management role, and experience in garden and/or farm planning and design.
- Experience teaching, training, and/or working with volunteers in a farm, garden or outdoor setting.
- Experience working with and leading volunteers of all skill levels individually and in large groups.
- Competent in use Microsoft Office
- Solid management skills and experience working in a team.
- Experience in nonprofit and community-based organizations.
- Ability to pass Pinellas County Schools’ security clearance.
- Creativity, flexibility, resourcefulness, positive thinking, and team player.
Reporting and Payment Structure: The Educational Garden and Farm Director is a full-time employee who reports directly to the Executive Director. The salary for Garden and Farm Director is $38,000.00 and will be disbursed bi-monthly. The second monthly payment will include expenses to be reimbursed.
Please contact Executive Director Sherry Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.