Harvest Table Farm is a successful mixed vegetable operation run by Meghan Cole. Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, we are located approximately one hour north of Atlanta. The farm is part of 96-acre parcel that has been in the family for six generations. The land is rich in diversity of cultivated perennial plantings, as well as native woodland species. The farm also has a diverse watershed consisting of springs, creeks and ponds.
Harvest Table Farm is currently seeking an energetic, responsible team player to fill their Assistant Farm Manager position. This position is ideal for someone who would like to further their knowledge of vegetable farming, while learning from a farmer who has been in the business for 15 years.
Position availability: Open until filled
Position duration: At least 1 year
The Assistant Farm Manager will work in conjunction with the Farm Manager on field and greenhouse production to provide for weekly farmers markets and deliveries to restaurant. Responsibilities will focus on managing weekly farmers’ market sales (during the market season), as well as training and supervising first year interns, and volunteers. This is a higher-level position aimed at providing a supportive environment within which farmers can gain the skills needed to operate independently.
Working hours: Full-time, 50+ hours/week
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Supervising agriculture interns and volunteers in day-to-day work on the farm
- Work together with the Farm Manager to maintain production levels of sufficient quantity and duration to supply multiple farmers markets, as well as regular deliveries to area restaurants
- Assist in organizational tasks for the farmers’ markets, including helping with the monthly newsletters
- Work with the farm manager to maintain farm equipment and irrigation systems
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to work outside doing manual labor
- Candidates must be able to life 50 lbs. regularly
- Preference will be given to candidates with production experience on a diverse vegetable operation for at least a year
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to successfully multi-task in a dynamic working environment
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Strong customer service skills
- Computer literacy, as well as business and marketing experience are desired
Terms of Employment
This position is a full-time, residential, stipend position. The stipend of $650 per month is provided in addition to the following benefits: housing, seasonal produce and eggs from the farm when available and vacation*. Future potential compensation for applicants that are a good fit for the team include possible land tenure and business partnership.
The Assistant Farm Manager receives 12 days of paid vacation per year. Vacations are subject to manager approval.
How to Apply
Please send a letter of intent and completed application to Farm Manager Meghan Cole, 961 Old Whitestone Road East, Talking Rock, GA 30175 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To inquire via phone or to request an application, please call (828) 772-4206.
Interested applicants who have a partner, should note that there is another position available at the farm for a Site Manager/Builder. This position would report to Ben Jones, who can be reached at email@example.com for more details.