The Membership Coordinator is a full-time (40 hours/week) position with the Carolina Farm Stewardship Association (CFSA), based in CFSA’s Pittsboro, NC office. The Membership Coordinator works in concert with other staff to ensure CFSA member satisfaction, lead recruitment strategies, and manage retention and membership support services. The Coordinator will also collaborate on fundraising efforts, public outreach, and communication strategies towards growing our mission, strengthening our infrastructure, and increasing our membership base and support.
Carolina Farm Stewardship Association (CFSA) is a member based 501(c)3 non-profit organization that helps people grow and eat local, organic food by advocating for fair farm and food policies, building the systems that organic family farms need to thrive, and educating communities about local, organic farming. We support sustainable farming that is good for consumers, good for farmers and farm workers, and good for the land.
The Membership Coordinator position is a full-time, salaried position. In collaboration with the Communications and Development Director, the Membership Coordinator will ensure membership satisfaction and identify needs; manage renewal and retention activities; create and implement recruitment strategies; and coordinate member communications that facilitate engagement, networking, and access to technical resources. The Membership Coordinator will serve as a team member in creating and implementing Communications and Development efforts to engage our members and the general public in CFSA’s agenda, grow our membership and support base, increase CFSA’s visibility and influence, and strengthen our infrastructure.
MEMBERSHIP AND DATABASE ADMINISTRATION (40%):
- Manage CFSA’s database of members, supporters and allied organizations
- Assist members in accessing online resources including CFSA’s online store, listservs, eNews, event registrations, and joining or renewing
- Administer CFSA’s regional listservs and other membership networking tools
- Create membership management reports, utilizing the database as a management tool to assess membership demographics and retention, and inform retention, recruitment and solicitation efforts
FUNDRAISING SUPPORT (10%)
- Assist the Communications and Development Director in cultivating, stewarding and soliciting individuals through donor communications and fundraising campaigns
- Assist the Communications and Development Director in cultivating and stewarding volunteers
- Assist staff in coordinating special events, and outreach/awareness initiatives
- Assist in building our base of supporters by researching prospective individuals, corporations and foundations
MEMBERSHIP OUTREACH AND COMMUNICATIONS (50%):
- Coordinate communications in concert with multiple staff to members, donors, prospects and volunteers.
- Respond to inquiries and proactively connect members and the public to technical assistance; website and publication resources; marketing opportunities; educational events; program services; other staff; funding opportunities; member networks; allied organizations etc.
- Help plan and promote CFSA regional membership meetings at the Sustainable Agriculture Conference
- Seek opportunities to raise CFSA visibility such as tabling, speaking engagements, or collaborative programming with allied organizations
- Create and implement membership recruitment campaigns in collaboration with staff
- Assess and enhance membership retention efforts
- Survey members to determine needs and identify priority focus areas, and ensure we are meeting and exceeding member expectations
- Assist Communications staff with website support
- Provide consultation with Communications staff on member publications such as CFSA’s newsletter and eNews
- Coordinate CFSA blog, including recruiting contributors and editing and posting stories
- Conduct outreach to allied organizations in promoting CFSA events
- Perform ambassadorial functions on behalf of CFSA
- Strong commitment to the values embodied in CFSA’s mission and programs
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills; able to work well within a team, and with individuals, both internal and external, from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of and experience with databases, online AMS, CRM, or CMS software package.
- Comfort in utilizing Microsoft Office programs, especially spreadsheets and mail merge
- Excellent customer service skills in person, on the phone, and through virtual media
- Excellent written communication skills
- Able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and work comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Educational Requirements: A BA or BS is required OR 10 years of relevant work experience
CFSA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and people of color.
To apply, submit a resume, list of professional references and a cover letter explaining why you want to work to promote local, organic agriculture to email@example.com with Membership Coordinator in the subject line by April 30.