About Crabtree Farms
Crabtree Farms is a non-profit organization that is home to an urban teaching farm, Chattanooga’s local food program, and myriad education opportunities for all ages. Located on 22 acres, our total land under cultivation ranges from four to five acres and supports a 100+ person 31 week CSA, weekly offerings at the local year-round farmers market, and produce to local restaurants and food artisans. The small staff of farmers work with a daily rotation of volunteers to run the farming operations. Some volunteers have a weekly schedule and season-long commitment, while the rest comprise a shifting array of regulars, curious community members, and service groups.
We grow over 120 varieties of fruit and vegetable and raise a small herd of goats and sheep for program animals (petting and education). Additionally, the farm plays host to several annual Crabtree Farms events, field trips for school-age youth, workshops, community events, and more.
Terms: Full time, salaried.
This is a salaried, full-time position, which encompasses many aspects of the Urban Farm. This position reports directly to the Executive Director. Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and implementing growing, greenhouse, and ground preparation calendars
- Ensuring the farm remains a safe, enjoyable place for volunteers, school groups, and the general public
- Directing harvesting and post-harvest processing
- Facilitating general farm maintenance
- Overseeing crop maintenance such as weeding, cultivating, planting, and possible mowing
- Working with and directing volunteers
- As needed, there may be additional duties depending on the needs of the farm
- Administrative tasks will be assigned as necessary
Complete information on website at