Agency: Sustainable Food Center (SFC) is a community-based organization that cultivates a healthy food community by strengthening the local food system and improving access to affordable, nutritious food. From seed to table, SFC creates opportunities for individuals to make healthy food choices and to participate in a vibrant local food system. Through organic food gardening, relationships with area farmers, interactive cooking classes and nutrition education, children and adults have increased access to locally grown food and are empowered to improve the long-term health of Central Texans and our environment.
SFC is looking for an energetic, experienced fundraising professional to direct the agency’s annual fund plan and manage the Development/Communications (DevCom) department, someone with enthusiasm for working with a nonprofit changing the landscape of our local food system. This position will be instrumental in helping take SFC to the next level.
· Provide strong leadership and direction for the agency’s annual revenue goals
· Lead efforts toward securing revenue for a $2.1 million budget
· Develop and steward relationships with corporate, business, foundation, and government partners as well as individual supporters
· Work closely with Executive Director and the rest of the SFC Leadership Team on strategy, fund development, and team-building
· Supervise four DevCom staff – Grants Manager, Marketing and Communications Manager, Development Manager, and Volunteer Resources Manager
Minimum of 4 years experience fundraising for charitable giving goals of $1M+
- Knowledge of how to build a major gifts program and experience with major donors
- Proficiency using Raiser’s Edge donor software
- Knowledge and experience with Austin/Central Texas donor community
· Experience supervising a small team of staff
This is a fulltime position at 40 hours per week. Sustainable Food Center offers an excellent work environment, competitive salaries and great benefits. There is no moving allowance. The position is available starting in July/Aug 2014.
How To Apply: Please submit your resume in either MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com and include a brief cover letter. Please list Development Director in the subject line. Emailed applications will be accepted by June 22, 2014. Please, no phone calls.