Sustainable Food Center
Agency: Sustainable Food Center (SFC) is a community-based organization that cultivates a healthy food community by strengthening the local food system and improving access to affordable, nutritious food. From seed to table, SFC creates opportunities for individuals to make healthy food choices and to participate in a vibrant local food system. Through organic food gardening, relationships with area farmers, interactive cooking classes and nutrition education, children and adults have increased access to locally grown food and are empowered to improve the long-term health of Central Texans and our environment.
Job Description: SFC is seeking a Farmers’ Market Operations Manager to oversee operations and administration of our vibrant farmers’ market network and related programming.
Job Duties: Farmers’ Market Operations and Administration, including:
· Supervising and training market staff
· Conducting detailed data collection
· Designing and improving operational systems with focus on finances, collection of
data, staffing, on-site maintenance and improvements, customer engagement, and
food access benefits programs
· Continuous monitoring of market equipment, sites, conditions
Vendor Relations and Training, including:
· Assisting in vendor recruitment
· Conducting weekly updates on vendors’ status in attendance, payments, rules violations
· Training vendors and volunteers about operations procedures at the market, arranging vendor association meetings, and keeping vendors, staff and volunteers informed on procedures changes
· Maintaining constant communications with public and vendor requests for information
Special Events and Community Relations, including:
· Fielding requests for booth space from non-profit and volunteer programming sectors
· Working with other SFC staff on special events logistics at the market
· Providing weekly content input on vendors’ products and status that warrants social media distribution
Tracking, Evaluation and Reporting, including:
· Creating and improving systems for data collection and reporting on quarterly and annual basis
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Attentive to details and strong aptitude for organization
· Good analytical skills and comfortable working with numbers
· Strong skills in MS Office applications and use of web-based applications
· Ability to initiate and coordinate tasks or projects and follow through to completion
· Possess a strong work ethic and creative entrepreneurial spirit
· Have a sense of humor, patience and perseverance
· Ability to prioritize tasks and be somewhat flexible when priorities change
· Minimum of three years of supervisory experience that includes project and
· Significant experience in farmers’ market management or farmers’ market staffing
· Have earned a Bachelor’s degree or have worked several years in relevant work
· Able to work in a physically demanding and fast-paced environment
· Competency in Spanish language desired, but not necessary
This is a fulltime position at 40 hours per week. A significant amount of office hours required, but some work is in the field, at the markets (most Saturdays). Sustainable Food Center offers an excellent work environment, competitive salaries and great benefits.
No moving allowance offered. The position is available starting July 1, 2014.
How To Apply: Please submit your resume in either MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com and include a brief cover letter telling us about yourself, and what local food means to you. Please put in the SUBJECT: line, SFC Farmers’ Market Operations Manager
Applications by email accepted by June 19, 2014. No phone calls accepted or returned.