Position Posted: May 27, 2014
Position Closed: June 10, 2014
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Blue Ridge Women in Agriculture (BRWIA) is dedicated to strengthening the High Country's local food system by supporting women and their families with resources, education, and skills related to sustainable food and agriculture. We began as a grassroots project in 2003 by a group of female farmers and gardeners who were looking for opportunities to network and support one another. Read more about the organization on their website.
As the only paid staff person, the Executive Director position offers a unique and exciting opportunity for the right individual to make a real impact on the organization and the work we do. The ideal candidate will be passionate about food and farming with strong interpersonal skills as this position will interface and build relationships with farmers, board members, interns, volunteers, donors, and friends. This person will work closely with the volunteer Board of Directors and a full-time AmeriCorps Service Member. This individual will be responsible for fund development through individual fundraising, grant writing, and earned income strategies; membership development, outreach, and implementation; and general financial management of a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
The position will begin as 25 – 30 hours per week with the potential to increase, and reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Community Relations and Member Outreach
· Communications and Media Relations
· Financial and Budget Management
· Fundraising activities and Membership Building
· Staff and Volunteer Development, Recruitment, and Supervisio
· Experience working with a volunteer Board and Committees
· Passion for eating local food and supporting small-scale farmers
· Excellent attention to detail, quality, accuracy
· Experience with grant writing, management, and reporting
· Experience updating website and social media content
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
· Outstanding organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
· Excellent interpersonal/public relations skills and writing skills
· Basic understanding of and experience with budget development and management
· Excellent computer skills, including MS Office
· Independent worker with consistent dependability
The ability to work with diverse populations is essential. Salary commensurate with experience.