AMS Specialty Crops Program Presents “Market News: Local & Regional Reporting”
Thursday, September 29th, 2016 - 2:00 p.m. EST
The USDA Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) invites you to a webinar on its Market News local and regional, and organic market price reporting and a new farmers market app function for customers to self-report prices. Julie Hartley and Russell Avalos with the AMS Livestock, Poultry, and Grain Market News Division will discuss new market reports available to help you discover local and organic commodity prices throughout the U.S. Ed Ragland, an economist with the AMS Transportation and Marketing Program will walk you through a new feature we are developing for our AMS Farmers Market app that will enable vendors to self-report prices as they work to communicate with their customers.
Highlights of the webinar will include:
- Local and regional reporting from farmers markets and farm-to-school programs
- New organic reports currently in development
- Working with Market News as a contact
- Farmers Market Mobile app features
Our speakers include:
- Edward Ragland, Agricultural Economist from Transportation & Marketing
- Julie Hartley, Agricultural Marketing Specialist from Livestock Market News
- Russell Avalos, Agricultural Marketing Specialist, Livestock Market News
The Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) invites you to take part in this live, interactive webinar. Registration is required and space is limited.