10th Annual Farm and Food Leadership Conference takes place Sept. 25-27, 2016, in Bastrop, Texas. This unique event focuses on the policies and regulations affectingindependent family farms and local food system. It brings together a diverse group of people – including farmers and ranchers, activists, nonprofit leaders, sustainable businesses, and consumers – who care about where our food comes from.
The conference features:
- In-depth pre-conference workshops to help farmers and producers with practical solutions: How to form a successful co-op, food safety for produce growers, and productive and profitable eco-farming (both livestock and crops).
- Top speakers on a variety of topics including nutrition, sustainable sourcing at restaurants and retailers, food waste, water policy, farm support programs, GMOs, food freedom, and more.
- Keynote speaker Dr. John Ikerd, farmer, economics professor, author, and a leading speaker in the sustainability revolution.
- Networking with individuals and businesses who care about our local farms and food.
- Lunches prepared by nationally acclaimed chef Jesse Griffiths of Dai Due.
Early bird registration is currently open through August 25! After that, the fees will go up.
Registration for the pre-conference workshops is separate from the main conference registration. Discounted registration is available for students, seniors (60 and over), and supporter/sustaining FARFA members. There also are opportunities for scholarships and reduced fees for volunteers.
To read more about the conference, including how to register and information on the topics and speakers, please visit: www.farmandranchfreedom.org/farm-food-leadership-conference