Farm to School Field Day and Central Mississippi Regional Networking Meeting topics will include:
- Farm to School Program Overview;
- Options for Selling Through Farm to School: Selling to individual schools/districts and selling through state DOD program;
- School Purchasing Procedures and Options: Verbal and written quotes;
- Farm and Food Safety: USDA GHP/GAP Program and Iowa/MS checklist;
- Local School Perspective: School food service needs and requirements;
- Local Farmer Perspective: Getting ready to serve F2S market;
- Networking and Information Session: School and food service staff; local farmers; nonprofit organizations; community residents; and others; and
- FREE Legal Assistance to Farmers.
There is NO COST to attend this event, but PRE-REGISTRATION is required! Contact Keith Benson, Farm Director, for more information: 601-988-4999 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (Pre-registration is required) Download the flier for more info.
DIRECTIONS TO DEMONSTRATION FARM
The demonstration farm is located in Holmes County, Mississippi – off Hwy 51 between Goodman and Durant. Visitors may exit I-55 at exit 146/Hwy 14 and travel 3 miles east to Goodman and Holmes Community College. From Goodman, travel north 3 miles on Hwy 51 to Coleman Road on the left. Visitors may also exit I-55 at exit 150/State Park Road and travel east through the park toward Hwy 51. From the park, travel 1 mile south on Hwy 51 to Coleman Road on the right. The farm is 1 mile southwest of Hwy 51 at 1184 Coleman Road. (LOOK FOR NEW SIGNS ON HWY 51 AND AT COLEMAN ROAD).