The Alliance for Fair Food (AFF) seeks an experienced organizer to co-coordinate the involvement of people of faith in the Coalition of Immokalee Workers’ (CIW) Campaign for Fair Food. Ideal candidates are highly responsible, work well in teams as part of a fast-paced environment, and possess excellent written and verbal skills.
The AFF works in direct partnership with the CIW, an internationally recognized farmworker-led organization, to transform longstanding human rights abuses in the agriculture industry by achieving agreements with major food retailers to implement the CIW’s uniquely successful Fair Food Program. Alongside students and youth, food justice and women’s rights advocates, worker and community groups, and consumers of conscience, people of faith from a number of traditions and denominations represent a central constituency in the vibrant multi-cultural and multi-generational network of the AFF.
Location: Immokalee, FL, with frequent travel
Application Deadline: Rolling
Compensation: A modest salary and health benefits; phone bill paid by organization
Please read the following application overview carefully. If you are considering applying, we encourage you to contact us to further discuss the position. You can reach us by calling Shelby at 239-675-9234 or via email at email@example.com.
Alliance for Fair Food staff members work together as a collective. As such, we welcome applicants with a diversity of skills – from organizing with different constituencies, to bookkeeping and fundraising, to web and design skills – and will seek to integrate a new staff member into the team in such a way that suits both the needs of the Campaign for Fair Food and the skills and interests of the incoming staffer.
The position's responsibilities are outlined in the attached job announcement, but principal areas of work include:
- Faith network co-coordination
- Regional and national organizing and mobilizations
- Education and outreach
- Direct support for the CIW & farmworker community
- Staffing and orgnaizational development
How to Apply
Submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A completed application form (must request)
- A cover letter in Spanish addressed to the Coalition of Immokalee Workers staff, explaining your interest in working with the CIW on the Campaign for Fair Food, any
- prior involvement with the Campaign, and what motivates you to work for justice
- A cover letter in English addressed to the Alliance for Fair Food staff
- A resume
- A writing sample
- One letter of recommendation
- Two references with descriptions of their relationship to you and their phone number and email (one reference can be the writer of letter of recommendation)
- If applicable, a digital portfolio or examples of past work
Given their commitment to developing a diverse leadership, they strongly encourage people of color, women, working-class, LGBTQ, gender non-conforming, and differently-abled people to apply.