To collaborate with EPPP's Director of Education and the Pinellas County Schools' (PCS) administrative and teaching staff in writing an elementary school educational garden directory and science curriculum as specified in the Healthy Schools for Healthy Children Project. This is a contractual position for about 7 months and about 25 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shall include but are not limited to:
* Gain knowledge of the EPPP's mission and goals through regular consultation with the EPPP's Executive Director and Education Director.
* Develop an understanding of the current EPPP curriculum and how it is used in seven south Pinellas elementary schools.
* Re-design, in collaboration with EPPP's Education Director and PCS Science staff, the hands-on educational garden curriculum Grades 1-5 to align with the PCS Science Pacing Guide.
* Create a PCS Educational Garden Directory in collaboration with PCS Health Education and Science staff for use in 61 south Pinellas Schools.
* Assist in the writing and implementation of staff development materials for science teachers in the use of the hands-on educational garden curriculum.
* Assist in the design and distribution of satisfaction surveys to teachers/principals on the revised educational garden lessons.
* Assist in the collection and analyses of other data from teachers and administrators for the development of improvement strategies.
* Local, state and federal laws applying to public schools.
* Pinellas County Schools issues, trends and operations.
* Pinellas County School Improvement Plans.
* Data-driven decision making and continuous improvement systems.
* Communicating effectively in both oral and written language.
* Establishing and maintaining positive, respectful relationships with colleagues and consumers.
* Consulting and coordinating with educators, specialists and community professionals.
Education and Experience:
* Masters Degree from an accredited college or university.
* Possession of (or eligible for) a valid Florida teaching certificate with successful experience as an educator.
* Expertise in science curriculum design and development preferred.
Edible Peace Patch Project (EPPP) http://peacepatch.org
Please contact Executive Director Sherry Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org for
more information and to apply.