Field and Fork Farm and Gardens Coordinator - University of Florida College of Agricultural and Life Sciences The Field and Fork Farm and Gardens seek to provide students, faculty, staff and visitors with the opportunity to engage in a community of collaboration and learning about sustainable food systems. The vision is to offer spaces at UF where individuals can take courses, engage with demonstrations, and participate in activities that focus on sustainable practices and food systems at multiple scales from a home, community garden, or small/urban farm to large scale production.
This position will coordinate the the Field and Fork Farm and Gardens, which are two spaces located on the University of Florida campus, and total approximately 10 acres. This position works with the farm manager to perform land cultivation and production, and coordinates with staff, students and volunteers to maintain the spaces, infrastructure, and equipment and programming.
The focus of this position is to support the Field and Fork staff in implementing the goals for the Farm and Garden.
Examples of Work: Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Provides support to farm manager for achieving the objectives, workflows, and deadlines for farm and garden operations.
- Writes plans for and keeps records of farm and garden operations, crop management and harvest.
- Follows preventive maintenance and repair program on equipment and facilities, as determined and directed by the farm manager.
- Follows farm and garden plans to plant and care for crops - scouting for disease or infestation, determining and adjusting crop conditions, and monitoring safety conditions.
- Recruit, supervise, and recognize volunteers in conjunction with farm manager.
- Co-coordinates interpretive displays, outreach, and events related to the farm and gardens.
- Supports the modification and construction of buildings and infrastructure at the farm and garden, including fences, water systems, sheds, etc…