Since 1981, the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore, a member of Feeding America™ and the Federation of Virginia Food Banks, has been providing food for hungry people throughout Southeastern Virginia and on the Eastern Shore. In our mission to lead the effort to eliminate hunger in our community, the Foodbank has distributed over 291.3 million pounds of food equating to over 242.9 million meals throughout our 4,745 square mile service area, which includes the cities of Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Franklin and Virginia Beach as well as the counties of Southampton, Northampton, Sussex, Isle of Wight and Accomack. During the 2014-2015 fiscal year, the Foodbank distributed over 19.3 million pounds of food equating to 16.1 million meals to the community.
The Child Nutrition Coordinator is an important member of our Child Nutrition Program team. This position reports to the Foodbank’s Child Nutrition Manager. This position will coordinate and assist in managing all Child Nutrition outreach programs including Kids Cafe and BackPack sites and their relationship with the Foodbank.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year Child Nutrition feeding experience.
Monday-Friday; full-time, non-exempt; some weekend and evening work required for special events.
Bachelor’s Degree required. A degree in Nutrition or related field preferred with relevant work experience in child feeding or nutrition programs
· Relevant work experience in child nutrition or feeding programs.
· Demonstrated ability and comfort in speaking before large groups.
· Must be detailed oriented.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to pay close attention to detail, coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities to meet deadlines.
· An ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
· Computer proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
· Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving history.
· Food Safety Manager’s Certificate or equivalent.
Nonessential Education, Skills and Experience (Preferred):
· 2 year Child Nutrition feeding experience
Regional Travel for inspections required.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may be required to do the following when working in the office or warehouse environment:
· The employee must, at times, lift and/or move up to 20 pounds when handling donations, documents and files in a mixed office and warehouse.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision while working with documents, computer screens, and filing.
· Regularly required to talk and hear when communicating with employees, donors, and clients.
· The use of hands and fingers are necessary to handle or feel documents and keyboards.
Compensation and Benefits:
A competitive salary with paid time off, matching retirement contributions, and employer-sponsored health benefits for individuals and their families are just a few of the incentives that make this an exciting opportunity.
The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Foodbank encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.