Renew Richmond (http://renewrichmond.org) is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to empowering communities to cultivate healthier lifestyles through nutrition and agricultural education. While Renew Richmond’s programs serve individuals of all socio-economic backgrounds, their primary focus is low-income populations with increased statistical risk for nutrition related health issues such as diabetes, heart disease and chronic obesity. They believe that a holistic program focusing on the hands-on growth and consumption of nutrient dense foods can repair the health and well-being of individuals and build healthier, more tightly knit communities.
The organization is seeking a part time Farm Manager. They are open to new and creative ideas to advance the organization and are looking for an innovative Farm Manager to bring the garden game to another level!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Maintain community gardens supported by Renew Richmond – tasks including planting, weeding, watering, harvesting, etc.
· Follow organic growing procedures
· Pick up compost from local businesses and tend compost bins
· Lead individual volunteers and volunteer groups in regular garden tasks and projects
· Work with sale of produce at farm stands/ farmer’s markets
· Weigh and record produce, create production reports
· Donate and maintain donation records of produce
· Assist in youth and young adult urban agriculture and entrepreneurial programs
· Minimum 1 year experience in organic agriculture, preferably in an urban environment
· Technical expertise of construction of hoop houses, drip irrigation, garden boxes, etc.
· Volunteer management experience
· Experience in outreach with youth and/or adults in under-served communities
· Comfortable in various cultural and social class environments
· Ability to perform physical labor in year-round weather
· Flexible schedule
· Reliable means of transportation
· Strong work ethic and passion for nutritional health, personal and community development
· Knowledge of local Richmond businesses and organizations
Position Contract Term is Oct 5th 2015 to July 5th 2016.
*Extension of Term will reflect need, desire, and proven ability*
Compensation: Monthly Living Stipend of $1,800 based on 20hr work week ($22.50/hr)
Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Executive Director John Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Renew Richmond!