The Common Market Georgia is an emerging, mission-driven distributor of local farm foods in Georgia.
Its mission is to strengthen regional farms while making the local bounty accessible to communities and the institutions that serve them.
They are looking for an individual who is knowledgeable about and experienced in sustainable agriculture and farming. This person should be business-oriented, highly motivated, and passionate about sustainable food. This position demands an individual who can work closely with farmers to assess and promote production, post-harvest handling and market strategies that are viable for small farmers supplying the wholesale market. This person is a systematic thinker, possesses the professionalism to organize and negotiate terms with vendors, and is highly responsive to farmers and producers and the Common Market team. Success in this position requires an extremely organized individual who is able to work independently with a sense of urgency and great attention to detail. The job requires excellent communication and problem-solving skills. This position is based in Atlanta.
- Place product orders with farmers and vendors daily
- Identify and support farmers and vendors that can source for Common Market, developing new relationships and products lines to meet customer demand
- Facilitate farmer trainings and access to resources that better equip our suppliers to maintain consistent production, product quality, and food safety standards.
- Manage relationships and logistics with Common Market farmers and vendors
- Manage product planning throughout the year to ensure consistent product availability
- Work closely with farmers and vendors to maintain quality specifications
- Assess the farming practices of vendors and communicate with Common Market
- Work with meat, dairy, seafood, and egg producers
- Track demand and communicate with vendors and sales team regarding product availability
- Work with vendors and customer outreach team to establish fair pricing
- Develop Common Market’s sustainable sourcing policies and work with vendors to meet qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in the agriculture industry, including experience farming
- Experience in business, purchasing, and/or supply chain management
- Knowledge of sustainable agriculture and local food systems
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel)
- Experience and skilled in analyzing data using Excel
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and access to a reliable vehicle
- Flexible work hours to accommodate some evening and weekend work
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Pay commensurate with experience, in the range of $38,000 to $42,000.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2015.