- Manage the SNAP/EBT system at market on Tuesdays (3-6PM through November), and Saturdays (8AM-12PM).
- Engage with customers, and ensure a welcoming environment is provided via the SNAP/EBT booth.
- Ensure that all SNAP/EBT paperwork and documentation is filed correctly with the assistance of market manager.
- Conduct community outreach with assistance of Marketing Committee to ensure residents are aware of the program and how to utilize it.
Potential Areas of Research/Further Exploration:
- Documentation of trends around usage of SNAP/EBT.
- Analysis of challenges and successes of program.
- Community benefits of a SNAP/EBT availability at Farmer’s Market.
- Growth plan for further community engagement and SNAP/EBT utilization.
- Current or recent graduate student strongly preferred. Preferably from an MSW or MPH program.
- Must have positive attitude and welcoming demeanor.
- Some familiarity with the SNAP/EBT and/or other assistance programs.
- Some familiarity with local farm and artisan products.
- Basic marketing and outreach skills.
- Reliable transportation to and from the market on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Please send a resume and brief cover letter to Ali Rudel, Market Manager at email@example.com
Deadline to Apply: June 15th, 2015