Family Garden Certified Organic Farm seeks Field Manager - Gainesville, FL
This is a full-time position beginning December 2015. A year and a half minimum commitment. 2 weeks off in the summer, food share, sick days and holidays. Salary: $28k-30k/year.
- Experience in the growing of certified organic vegetables. Familiarity with the certification process, harvesting and packing, soils management, laying plastic, planting, spraying, and cultivating
- Experience following a crop plan, fertilization plan, cover-cropping, weed, pest and pathogen control etc.
- Ability to think mechanically, think critically, make good decisions, solve problems, and perform repairs and maintance.
- Experience operating and caring for farm equipment; tractors, forklifts, trucks, cultivators, planters, irrigation systems, etc.
- Possess basic computer skills, basic construction skills, valid drivers licence, ability to set up drip and sprinkler irrigation.
- Help with harvesting, planting, and frost protection when needed.
- Ability to help with farmers market and deliveries when necessary.
- Be willing to work hard and set a good example for others.
Please send resume to: email@example.com