Get ready, get listed! National Farmers Market week is coming (Aug 7-13) and you want people to find your market! USDA’s Local Food Directories can help you promote your farmers market. This tool will allow shoppers to quickly identify you as a supplier of the local food. It takes less than 10 minutes to add or update your listing. New listings or updated information must be entered by July 15, 2016, to be included in the national numbers, so don’t delay.
USDA will share the number of farmers markets listed in the directory with media and stakeholders across the country during National Farmers Market Week. Get in the directory! Time is running out!
It’s easier than ever to register! If this is your first time listing your market in the Directory, go to www.usdadirectoryupdate.com to add your market. In less than 10 minutes you’re done. That’s all it takes.
If you do not know if your farmers market is listed, then you can search the National Farmers Market Directory database to find out. If your market was in the Directory last year, we sent an e-mail during the week of June 27th that has a direct link to update your market listing.
Even if you listed your market last year, you should check the directory again to make sure all your information is still correct.
Here is how the Directory can help you
The USDA National Farmers Market Directory helps you tell customers what they want to know about your market:
- Where and when your market opens
- Second and third market locations that you operate
- What products your market sells
- If your marketaccepts:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Women, Infants and Children Farmers Market Nutrition Program (WIC-FMNP)
- Women, Infant and Children, Cash Value Vouchers (WIC-CVV)
- Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP)
- Whether or not the market acceptances debit/credit cards
- Consumers can even get:
- Driving directions to the market they choose to visit
- Map markets within a radius of their current location
- Get a state or national map of farmers markets
The USDA National Farmers Market Directory used by mobile application developers to help consumers find you or other markets across the nation.
The Directory attracted over 400,000 page views from users last year. It’s the “go-to” resource for consumers, researchers, community planners and more to better understand the size of farmers markets across the nation.
Don’t delay, please be counted by including your market by July 15.
Thank you, from the USDA’s National Farmers Market Directory Team