This year’s Florida Local Food Summit (FLFS) will have events starting Thursday, September 8th through Saturday, September 10th at East End Market and various locations throughout the Audubon Park Garden District in Orlando, Florida.
The 3rd annual Florida Local Food Summit is an invigorating gathering of Florida's top food and farming entrepreneurs, policy makers, chefs, foodies and local food fans. The summit is your one stop shop for all things local food and farming, with a mission to support an environmentally, ethically and economically viable local food and farm system in Florida. There will be farm tours, advanced education, farm-to-table meals, a Grower's Festival, home gardening classes and so much more. The focus of this year’s summit is Authenticity in the Food System, so they will be discussing transparent and positive ways to bring light to the great work small sustainable and organic farmers are doing! More details and the class schedule on our website, click here to check it out.
Will Harris of White Oak Pastures is the keynote speaker. White Oak Pastures is a 150 year old multigenerational family farm that cooperates with nature to produce grass fed beef and lamb, pastured poultry, pastured eggs and Certified Organic vegetables. Harris tends the same land that his great-grandfather settled in 1866 and made the audacious decision to return to the farming methods his great-grandfather had used 130 years before. Since Harris has successfully implemented these changes, he has been recognized all over the world as a leader in humane animal husbandry and environmental sustainability. He is the immediate past President of the Board of Directors of Georgia Organics. As such a valuable asset to the food and farm community, his keynote address will be free and open to the public on Friday evening at 6pm.
Thursday, September 8th: Central Florida
- Farm Tours for Farmers: Full Schedule Coming Soon, Free
Friday, September 9th:
- 8:00am- 5:30pm- Industry Level Florida Local Food Summit $50 plus tax
- 6:00pm-6:45pm- Keynote, Will Harris, White Oak Pastures- free & open to the public
- 6:00pm- 8:00pm- Feed with the Farmers BBQ, open to the public, live music, $20 per plate plus tax
Saturday, September 10th:
- Fleet Farming Swarm Ride & Farmlet Tour- Time Coming Soon, Free
- 9:00am- 3:00pm- Garden District Grower’s Festival, Get all your gardening supplies & starts!
- 9:00am- 5:00pm- Community Level Gardening & Cooking Classes, Free
- 9:00am- 5:00pm- Florida Local Food Summit Policy Track, Free
If you would like to be a vendor at the Garden District Grower’s Festival and sell natural starters, inputs, supplies, tools or other items that will encourage growing natural food than please fill out the application (link to application). Gather & the managing company of the Audubon Park Community Market is organizing the event.