The Arkansas Grow Healthy Study is conducting a farm to school regional workshop in Jonesboro, AR! Limited travel scholarships are available. Registration is FREE at archildrens.org/FarmToSchool.
Workshop participants will learn:
- How to menu, procure, market and prepare local foods in schools
- Hands-on culinary skills training for school cafeteria staff
- Business and production planning for farmers
- Food safety for farmers and schools
Each workshop will host up to 50 participants, and 10 travel scholarships are available to support participant attendance at each session. The events are sponsored by the USDA Farm-to-School Grant Program, Arkansas Cooperative Extension Office, Arkansas GardenCorps, Arkansas Farmers' Market Association, Krebs Brothers Restaurant Store and Berries by Bill.
The locations and dates are as follows:
- Jonesboro, AR – 11/5/15 – AR State University
- Harrison, AR – 11/12/15 – North AR Community College
- Little Rock, AR – 11/19/15 – U of A Cooperative Extension
There will be times throughout the day for farmers to network with schools to explore farm to school sales. Download information flier here.
Please contact Jenna Rhodes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501.364.3360 with questions.