Learn the latest on food safety regulations and GAP certification, crop insurance and risk management tools, and will be given hands on experience in what are called “one page” financial, risk assessment and business plan tools. Information will be provided on new markets in the region and how your operation can participate in food hubs that are growing in number across the country as a way to link small, beginning, mid-sized, remote and new producers and their operations into new markets.
Workshops and webinars are being offered by the University of Arkansas School of Law Indigenous Food and Agriculture Initiative, Farm Credit of East Central Oklahoma, the Wallace Center at Winrock International (Washington DC), Morse Marketing Connections (MMC), and the Choctaw Nation and Muscogee Creek Nations.
Workshop Locations and Dates:
All workshops will begin at 12:00p with light refreshments and conclude by 5p.
- April 30 Broken Bow, OK Choctaw Nation Community Center
- May 21 Durant, OK Choctaw Nation Community Center
- June 11 McAlester, OK Choctaw Nation Community Center
- July 9 Poteau, OK Choctaw Nation Community Center
- August 13 Okmulgee Muscogee Creek Nation Community Center