NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Contest shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
2015 Photo Video Contest Rules
1. HOW TO ENTER: Submit your amazing farm photo or video along with a caption and tell us in 100 words or less how Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group (Southern SAWG) has benefited or inspired your farming or ranching operation. Photos and videos should be of highest quality possible for inclusion in Contest. Videos should be no longer than two minutes in length. To enter online, submit all required entry information on the online Contest registration form. All online entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CDT on August 21, 2015, to be eligible for contest. Technical Requirements: Only digitally uploaded photos—or videos hosted on YouTube or Instagram websites—can be entered. Submissions should not contain any profane or vulgar material. Any such submissions will be deleted and will not be considered for the promotion.
Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter are prohibited. Southern SAWG is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or failure, whether caused by website users, tampering, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, defect, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access to, or alteration of, entries.
2. START/END DATES: The Contest begins 12:00 a.m. CDT July 17, 2015 and ends 11:59 p.m. CDT on August 21, 2015.
3. ELIGIBILITY: One entry per person. Contest is restricted to the states and U.S. territories where Southern SAWG operates: AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Must be 18 years of age or older as of entry date. Employees or board members of Southern SAWG, and immediate family members of each employee or board member are not eligible. This offer is void wherever prohibited or restricted by national, state, municipal, provincial or any other government laws. Subject to all federal, state, local, municipal, provincial and local laws. By entering this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules and acknowledges that they have read the eligibility requirements and that he/she meets those requirements.
4. DRAWING/ODDS: A panel of judges as determined by Southern SAWG will judge the qualifying entries and select the final winner. Photos will be judged on originality, creativity and ability to tell a story. One winner from the photo category, and one winner from the video category will be selected on or before October 1, 2015. By entering the contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the contest.
5. PRIZES: One prize will be awarded in the photo category, and one in the video category. Photo and Video Contest Prize Description: One conference registration to the upcoming Southern SAWG conference being held January 29-30, 2016 in Lexington, KY.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ANY AND ALL TRAVEL, MEAL OR LODGING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRIZE IS SPECIFICALLY NOT INCLUDED IN THIS PRIZE AND MUST BE PROVIDED BY THE WINNER AND HIS/HER TRAVEL COMPANIONS.
6. NOTIFICATION: Prizes will be awarded and winner will be notified by email or phone. Winners are required to respond to the notification within 72 hours. Winners will receive an email confirmation or phone call for their response. If a response is not received from the selected winner within 72 hours, an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries received.
7. CONDITIONS: Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) for Southern SAWG and the designee(s) to use the winner's name, likeness, biography, statements, and any other similar materials for marketing, promotional and publicity purposes without additional compensation or any limitation. Southern SAWG will not share personal entry information obtained through this Contest with any other individual or entity.
Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitutions are allowed.
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS: By submitting images to this contest, you are agreeing to allow Southern SAWG to use your image with appropriate photo credits. Contest entries are typically used in the following year’s promotional materials.
Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Southern SAWG, Affiliates, its parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability or injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from this Contest, any prize won or in any Contest-related activity. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this promotion. In its sole determination, Sponsor may disqualify any person who tampers with or abuses any aspect of the Contest or website, or who acts in violation of the Official Rules, or acts in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person. Should any portion of the Contest, in Southern SAWG’s sole opinion, be compromised by virus, software defects, non-authorized human intervention or other causes thus corrupting or impairing administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion, or submission of entries, Southern SAWG may suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest and select winners from valid judged Internet entries received prior to such action.
In the event of any dispute, all parties agree that the judgment and determination of Southern SAWG will be final and binding in the awarding of the Photo and Video Contest prizes. In event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the email account used to enter the Contest. The potential winner may be requested to provide Southern SAWG with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. All entries become the property of Southern SAWG and its Affiliate Destinations and will not be returned to entrant.
9. USE OF DATA: The information obtained via the entry will be used by Southern SAWG for marketing purposes. Southern SAWG would like to use this information to contact you either by mail or email with updates about special activities that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive updates, do not check the appropriate box online. Southern SAWG will not share any personal entry information obtained through the Contest with any other individual or entity.
10. INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in this Contest, entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Southern SAWG, Facebook Inc., Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, members, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and the officers, directors, members, employees and agents of any of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to their breach of these Official Rules or any use of that entrant’s photo or video, including but not limited to claims for copyright, trademark or other intellectual property infringement or appropriation, any claims for violation of privacy or publicity rights, or any claim that the photo and/or caption violates any applicable law, rule, regulation or order.
11. SPONSOR: The Contest Sponsor is Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group, P.O. Box 1552, Fayetteville, AR 72702, (479) 251-8310, www.ssawg.org.